- S.I. Woolley, J. Mitchell, T. Collins, R. Rhodes, T. Rukasha, E. Gehlken, E. Ch’ng and A. Cooke
“Virtual Museum ‘Takeouts’ and DIY Exhibitions – Augmented Reality Apps for Scholarship, Citizen Science and Public Engagement”,
Int Conference on Digital Heritage (EuroMed 2020), Nov 2020, Cyprus.
Preprint: pdf, presentation slides:
and PowerPoint (with video)
- T. Collins, S.I. Woolley, E. Gehlken and E. Ch’ng, “Automated Low-Cost Photogrammetric Acquisition of 3D Models from Small Form-Factor Artefacts”,
Electronics, 8(12)-1441, 2019.
“Ein Puzzle aus alten Zeiten”, Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, 30 Sep 2018.
Full article (in German)
- “So setzen Archäologen verstreute Texte wieder zusammen”, SWR Wissen (radio broadcast), June 2018.
Article and full feature (in German)
- S.I. Woolley, E. Gehlken, E. Ch’ng and T. Collins, “Virtual archaeology: how we achieved the first long-distance reconstruction of a cultural artefact”, The Conversation, UK (Art and Culture), 28 Feb 2018.
- T. Collins, S.I. Woolley, E. Ch’ng, E. Gehlken, A. Lewis and L.H. Munoz, “Computational Aspects of Model Acquisition and Join Geometry for the Virtual Reconstruction of the Atrahasis Cuneiform Tablet”, IEEE Virtual Systems & Multimedia (VSMM) International Conference, Dublin, Oct/Nov 2017.
- E. Gehlken, T. Collins, S.I. Woolley, L. Hanes, A. Lewis, L.H. Munoz and E. Ch’ng, “Searching the Past in the Future - Joining Cuneiform Tablet Fragments in Virtual Collections”, 63rd Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale, 2017.
- S.I. Woolley, E. Ch’ng, L. Hernandez-Munoz, E. Gehlken, T. Collins, D. Nash, A. Lewis and L. Hanes. “A Collaborative Artefact Reconstruction Environment”, Proceedings of the British HCI Conference. BCS. Sunderland, UK, 3rd-6th July, 2017.
- T. Collins, S.I. Woolley, E. Ch’ng, L. Hernandez-Munoz, E. Gehlken, D. Nash, A. Lewis and L. Hanes. “A Virtual 3D Cuneiform Tablet Reconstruction Interaction”, Proceedings of the British HCI Conference. BCS. Sunderland, UK, 3rd-6th July, 2017.
- E. Gehlken, T. Collins, S.I. Woolley, L. Hanes, A. Lewis, L.H. Munoz and E. Ch’ng, “From Uruk to Ur: Automated Matching of Virtual Tablet Fragments”, 62nd Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale, ISBN: 978-1-64602-106-2, 2016.
- A. Lewis, “The Reconstruction of Virtual Cuneiform Fragments in an Online Environment”, Ph.D. thesis, University of Birmingham, Nov 2015.
- A. Lewis, S. Woolley, E. Ch'ng, E. Gehlken, “Observed Methods of Cuneiform Tablet Reconstruction in Virtual and Real World Environments”, Journal of Archaeological Science, 53, pp. 156-65, 2015.
- E. Gehlken, S.I. Woolley, T. Collins, and E. Ch’ng,
“Automated Joining of Cuneiform Tablet Fragments”, Nouvelles Assyriologiques Brèves et Utilitaires (NABU), pp. 119-120, 2014.
- E. Ch’ng, S.I. Woolley, E. Gehlken, A. Lewis, L.H. Munoz, and T. Collins, “The Development of a Collaborative Virtual Environment for 3D Reconstruction of Cuneiform Tablets”, IEEE Virtual Systems & Multimedia
(VSMM) International Conference, Hong Kong, pp. 35-42, 2014.
- T. Collins, E. Ch’ng, E. Gehlken, S.I. Woolley, A. Lewis and L.H. Munoz, “Computer-Assisted Reconstruction of Virtual Fragmented Cuneiform Tablets”, IEEE Virtual Systems & Multimedia (VSMM) International Conference, Hong Kong, pp. 70-77, 2014.
- E. Ch’ng, A. Lewis, R.E. Gehlken, and S.I. Woolley, “A Theoretical Framework for Stigmergetic Reconstruction of Ancient Text”, Visual Heritage in the Digital Age. Springer, pp. 43-65, 2013.
- A. Lewis and E. Ch’ng, “A Photogrammetric Analysis of Cuneiform Tablets for the Purpose of Digital Reconstruction”, International Journal of Heritage in the Digital Era, 1(1), pp. 49-53, 2012.
- E. Gehlken. “Childhood and Youth, Work and Old Age in Babylonia – A Statistical Analysis”,
Approaching the Babylonian Economy: Proceedings of the START Project Symposium, Vienna, pp. 89-120, 2004. (published: Ugarit-Verlag, Münster, 2005).
- Woolley, S.I., Davis, T.R., Flowers, N.J., Pinilla-Dutoit, J., Livingstone, A. and Arvanitis, T.N.,
“Communicating Cuneiform: The Evolution of a Multimedia Cuneiform Database.”
Visible Language, 36, no. 3: 308-324, 2002.
- Woolley, S.I., Flowers, N.J., Arvanitis, T.N., Livingstone, A., Davis, T.R. and Ellison, J.
“Three-Dimensional Capture, Representation, and Manipulation of Cuneiform Tablets.”
In Three-Dimensional Image Capture and Applications IV, vol. 4298, pp. 103-110. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2001.